Sunday, August 8, 2010

From the Vault: Givin' the Finger to Big Oil, Thermodynamics

Thing I miss about being a kid # 37: Not having to give two shits about physics.

 Back then, all I needed was an episode of Beekman's World involving electrolysis and a book about the space shuttle mentioning fuel cells and I was off like a shot solving the energy crisis:


Fig 1.1: Artist's Rendering of the CAAAAAR OOOFF THEEEE FUUUUTURE-TURE-TURE [fanfare and applause drowns out the reverb]


The battery zaps the water, turning it into hydrogen and oxygen. the gases are pumped to a fuel cell which turns the gases back into water, then juices the electric motors while simultaneously charging the battery

In summation: Electrolysis + fuel cell - basic understanding of physics = vroom vroom.

Sometimes I'm amazed I survived past puberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment